Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Room with a View

The Empire State Building was constructed in 1931, and remained the tallest building in the world for 40 years. Being the building geek that I am, this was high on my list of "must do's"...hey, I do buildings for a living. (It could be worse....it could be a sewer plant!)
Miranda and Beth returning from powdering noses...courtesy of Chipotle (Starbucks had a line). I really love my super-wide angle lens (Tamron 10-24mm, for you camera geeks).

The lobby, reminiscent of a bygone era with it's lavish touches.




King Kong decided to take the day off, so things were quiet on the tower.


David trying to save Miranda...I guess.


I'm not sure if this bird was eyeing me for food or what. I do have to admit it is a long ways up for this guy.


Looking south towards Lower Manhattan. Fifth Avenue goes up the middle of the photo, and Broadway crosses diagonally at the Flatiron Building.

One hears just about every language on the observation deck, with people from many nations visiting.

No....Miranda is not showing off a new....um...condition. I repeat....NOT. It was windy. Maybe this is her Marilyn Monroe impersonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment